The Supporting Ukraine in Norfolk Fund has been created to support the needs of Ukrainian refugees arriving and settling in Norfolk. For those charitable groups well placed to take action through local initiatives, this funding aims to help them to provide essential care, practical and emotional support for refugees, their families and hosts.
Grants of up to £500 are available to support immediate community action to help refugees arriving and settling in Norfolk. Examples of activity that may be funded include:
- Supply of practical personal or household items such as clothing or bedding or personal equipment such as mobile phones.
- Transport costs to enable outreach services, to help people provide local transport or to help people travel on public transport.
- Volunteer expenses for those providing support.
- Hire or other costs relating to a venue or community hub where people can more easily access support and services.
- Community events and activities to support people to connect with each other.
- Befriending support for people who are isolated.