Love Norfolk Transforming Communities Fund
Expressions of interest can be submitted at any time while the Fund is open – it is expected that decisions will be made in June and October
In 2018 the Love Norfolk Fund will offer grants of up to £20,000 to support strategic projects with the potential to deliver significant and long term impact by piloting new ways of working, or extending the reach and quality of local services.
Proposals should aim to meet at least one of the following priorities:
- Supporting vulnerable people
- Increasing skills and opportunities
- Building stronger communities
The Fund aims to enable established charitable organisations to explore responsive solutions that will address disadvantage, and connect people to services and opportunities. Successful projects will present proposals that offer sustainable solutions, with clear evidence of how the project has been designed through consultation and an understanding of how local needs will be met.
Funding will focus on the following areas :
- Transformational change for charitable organisations to boost long term sustainability, for example by enabling collaboration and shared resources, co-location or merger of services.
- Test driving different approaches and new ways of working to meet evidenced community needs.
- Rolling out established, proven models to new locations or communities of need
Projects should aim to deliver a measurable step change.
Proposals that can demonstrate partnership working are encouraged.
Projects targeting areas of high deprivation will be prioritised.
Priority will also be given to proposals able to demonstrate match funding to support their project.
Grants of between £5,000 – £20,000 are available. Grants must be spent within one year.
The Fund will not support:
- Core funding for the continuation of business as usual costs
- Applications purely for capital costs will not be considered
- The Fund will not support start-up costs – organisations that have been operational for less than 12 months will not be eligible to apply
Who can apply
Charitable, community and voluntary groups based or clearly operating in Norfolk can apply.
Please refer to our FAQs for specific guidance on the types of organisation/ project that are eligible to apply. Please note the specific guidance in the FAQs for Social Enterprises/ CICs.
Organisations must have been operating for a minimum of 1 year to be eligible to apply, and be able to demonstrate an effective track record.
How to apply
Initial proposals can be submitted on the Expression of Interest form. Expressions of Interest will be shortlisted, and you will receive feedback within 4 weeks.
Those projects shortlisted will be contacted to develop their proposals with a member of the Norfolk Community Foundation Grants Team. Please note a business/ project plan is likely to be required at this stage.
Final funding decisions will be made by Norfolk Community Foundation’s Grants Committee, which consists of NCF trustees plus a range of sector representatives from police, housing, services for youth and the elderly, and community development across Norfolk.
You are encouraged to contact the Grants Team to discuss your proposal before submitting.
Download the Expression of Interest Form: Love Norfolk Transforming Communities Fund – EOI Form
As part of the application process a number of outcomes will be agreed, which will form the basis of monitoring and evaluation.
For Fund enquiries please contact the Grants Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01603 623958