Connecting people who care with local causes that matter
Norfolk is a place that inspires people to set down strong roots and care deeply about the issues facing their community. Norfolk Community Foundation is an independent local charity helping ordinary people do extraordinary things that make our local communities thrive, and improve the lives of people who live there.
We were originally founded in 2004 by the former Lord Bishop of Norwich, the Right Reverend Graham James, who had been inspired by the work of other Community Foundations across the country.
We provide local funding and support that ensures that small local charities and voluntary groups can continue and grow, providing essential care, support and opportunity for the most vulnerable in our communities.
All funds raised are invested in Norfolk to make a real difference to local lives. Led by our local knowledge and insight, we direct support to where it is most needed.
How we help
We invest in local charities:
- Straightforward funding for vital community projects led by local people
- Skills support and pro bono professional services to help resilience and growth
- A voice for Norfolk’s charitable sector to raise awareness and investment
We encourage local giving:
- A trusted partner to share knowledge and expertise to inform your giving
- A range of simple ways to give that maximise the impact of your gift
- Join a community of Norfolk people who share your passion and commitment