Sir Norman Lamb Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund
£70,000 is available to award grants of up to £5,000 in support of activities addressing one of the fund priority areas:
- Counselling – The provision of counselling services / 1 to 1 therapeutic interventions to young people (these must be accredited)
- Open access or targeted youth work – youth work approaches for young people aged 11+ that must include interventions that actively support young people’s mental health*
*We are looking for youth work that meets best practice in respect of young people’s participation, the provision of information, advice and support, appropriately qualified and supervised staff/volunteers, the provision of safe and confidential spaces, and wider community engagement.
Activity may be a continuation/enhancement of existing provision, or a new/pilot activity in response to evidenced need.
How to apply
To apply, complete the online expression of interest form linked below.
If shortlisted, we may contact you for further information to complete your application. If you are applying to the Fund for the first time, we will arrange an online meeting with you to further discuss your funding request.
When to apply
The deadline for expressions of interest is 12 noon, Wednesday 3rd January 2024. We expect grants to be awarded in early March 2024.
The Fund can support activity starting at any time between 1st April 2024 and 31st August 2024. Regardless of the start date, grants can fund one year of activity, and must be fully spent by 31st August 2025.
Many Coalition members have longstanding relationships with schools in their area, and we know these partnerships can be a great pathway to engage and support young people.
However, there are some schools-based projects this funding is not able to support.
The Fund can support:
- Projects delivered in school to support pupils outside of school hours and where alternative venues are not easily accessible (e.g. after school youth groups or activities)
- 1:1 support, such as counselling, delivered in school and during schools hours, particularly where young people are encouraged/supported to link to the work of the VCSE group in the community
The Fund cannot support:
- Schools-based projects where the project has previously been funded by the school
- Short term or new schools-based projects where the aspiration is to seek future funding from the school to sustain the project
Call for Applications
3 January 2024 – 12:00pm
Who can apply?
Members of the Sir Norman Lamb Coalition for Young People are eligible to apply.
Breckland, Broadland, Great Yarmouth, King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, North Norfolk, Norwich, and South Norfolk