The Fund will support projects proposed by groups inspired to do something new and positive in their community.
Outline proposals can be submitted at any time while the Fund is open.
Projects should focus on one or more of the following objectives:
- To contribute to reducing climate change.
- To assist the sustainability of North Norfolk communities by stimulating their own ability to solve issues and create opportunities, for example by providing educational or community business facilities.
- To have a marine environment or marine safety focus.
- To promote environmental sensitivity, sustainability or the benefits of renewable energy.
- To contribute to education or employment in the renewable energy industry or related arenas through access to courses and community activities.
The Fund aims to award half of the funding to Wells-next-the-Sea and the surrounding area with the remaining funds being available to the wider North Norfolk area. The Fund has not set an upper grant limit but as a guide the largest grant awarded to date is £25,000.
If you are planning to apply for a project to install solar PV on a community building or school please contact the Foundation for advice.
How to apply
Grants are awarded through a two stage process. Initially applicants complete an “outline proposal” which allows you to briefly set out what you plan to do and explain how the work will address the Fund’s priorities. Selected applicants are then invited to complete a full application. When we make the outline decision we will advise you of the timescale for completing your full application. Full applications are normally considered at meetings in May and November.
The outline proposal stage can also be used to request development funding of up to £500 if your project requires further development before it can proceed. Such funding might be used to carry out public consultation or to pay for independent advice.
Please note: passing the outline proposal stage does not guarantee that a grant will be awarded. You should not commit to any expenditure until you have a decision on a full application.