Since our Covid-19 Community Response Fund launched just over three weeks ago to support essential local charities and community groups working hard to help vulnerable people through the crisis, we’ve been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from people across Norfolk. Together we have raised a fantastic £800,000 so far, helping to provide urgent help to our neighbours.
Our partnership with the National Emergencies Trust, who have raised over £25 million nationally, has meant that we’ve received almost £200,000 from them to support charities across Norfolk. But for many people locally, it is all about doing their bit to help the less fortunate in our communities. Over 1,000 people across Norfolk have given their support to our Covid-19 appeal so far – here is a selection of some of the wonderful messages we have received:
- Please find enclosed a cheque for £25 – this is the rough amount my husband and I have saved since our local coffee shops have closed!! Keep well and pass our thanks to all frontline workers.
- Sent with love and heartfelt appreciation for all the work you are doing.
- It is gratifying to see that the community has a chance to work together at this difficult time.
- As OAPs we cannot afford to give much but hope and pray that this small amount will help with this wonderful and blessed initiative. God Bless!!
- A Big Thankyou to every one of you who are helping vulnerable people, and often with great risk to yourselves. Please take care.
- We have saved up for a holiday – but this is not possible. We are anxious to share this with others who are having a hard time.
- Aged 90, and no longer a car driver, I am not much use as a volunteer but I enclose a cheque for those in need.
- We are blessed to have such wonderful support from our neighbours. We hope our donation will help those who are less fortunate.
Our heartfelt thanks go to everyone who has stepped up to help our local community by making a donation, supporting the fantastic local charities and community groups who are making such a difference during this crisis. During these exceptionally difficult times it is amazing that so many people are deciding to make such a difference.