Shelroy Charitable Trust Fund

The Shelroy Charitable Trust Fund considers appeals on behalf of individuals who live in Norfolk who are in evidenced cases of need, typically relating to disability or health condition.
This funding might be right for you if:
  • You are vulnerable on account of a disability or health condition.
  • You are seeking support for one-off costs, for example a piece of equipment to support care or mobility or essential items for a supported person moving into new unfurnished accommodation.

  • You are supported by a local (Norfolk-based) voluntary organisation who can confirm your circumstances and financial need and can apply for funding on your behalf. Please note: applications by statutory bodies are not accepted for this fund.
Unfortunately, there are a few things that can’t be funded. This funding is not right for you if you are seeking financial support:
  • Relating to general hardship/ low income, debt relief or repayment of loans.
  • For holidays/ respite breaks.
How to apply

Appeals should be made by a local (Norfolk-based) voluntary organisation on behalf of individuals. They should outline your current circumstances and what funding is being requested for, along with any supporting evidence, such as a quotation from a supplier. These can be submitted by email to at any time. If successful, payment will typically be made to the supporting organisation to make purchases on your behalf, or direct to a supplier. The Shelroy Charitable Trust Fund trustees meet three times a year for decision-making, usually in March, May and October. 

The Fund is not intended to replace statutory services provided for vulnerable individuals. A typical grant size is around £350.

Norfolk County Council’s Client Hardship Service (CHS) can help you if you can’t meet your everyday needs and are struggling financially. NAS can support you with food, paying your bills and money for everyday essentials. It can also help you with household items like white goods or beds if you’re having to move house if, for example, you’re fleeing domestic violence or moving out of care and into the community. The fastest route to access the Client Hardship Service is online using the link below, or if applying online is not possible, call 01603 223392 (option 5).

Client Hardship Service (CHS) – Norfolk County Council

Call for Applications


Maximum Grant


Who can apply?

Charity, Faith organisation, Social Enterprise/CIC, and Voluntary/Community Group

Eligible Area

Breckland, Broadland, Great Yarmouth, King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, North Norfolk, Norwich, and South Norfolk