Connecting Older People Fund
Grants of up to £10,000 are available to support projects that aim to improve the wellbeing of older people (aged 55+) in Norfolk.
For 2023 the Fund has the following two priorities:
1. Combatting Loneliness Faced by Older People
- Providing opportunities for older adults to foster new connections.
- Providing opportunities to support and maintain existing relationships.
Projects working in areas with a high risk of chronic loneliness e.g. areas with high levels of deprivation, a high proportion of minoritised communities or a high percentage of older adults living alone will be prioritised.
2. Combatting Poverty Faced by Older People
- Tackling the cost-of-living crisis.
- Addressing a lack of quality housing.
Projects working in the most disadvantaged areas will be prioritised.
Is my project eligible?
Grants can support the operational costs of existing projects, as well as expanding proven delivery. Grants can also be used for pilot activities or to test out new ideas or partnerships. Grants are for one year only.
Applicants should meet NCF general eligibility criteria.
Types of activity the Fund can support may include:
- Community transport
- Lunch/ social clubs
- Walking/ exercise groups
- Projects/ activities to promote learning and skills
- Intergenerational activities
- Carer support
- Digital skills
Grant decisions will be confirmed in early December 2023 and so your application should not assume a start date before this.
- Applications purely for capital costs are unlikely to be successful.
- Organisations that are already funded directly by a Mercers’ Company charity for work with older people are not eligible for this funding opportunity,
Call for Applications
up to £10,000
29 September 2023 – 12:00pm
Who can apply?
Charity, Faith organisation, Parish/Town Council, Social Enterprise/CIC, and Voluntary/Community Group
Breckland, Broadland, Great Yarmouth, King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, North Norfolk, Norwich, and South Norfolk