Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk Defibrillator Scheme
Grants of up to £1,000 are available to purchase and install defibrillators in West Norfolk communities.
The aim of the scheme is to ensure this potentially life-saving equipment is evenly spread throughout communities, and easily accessible if someone is experiencing cardiac arrest.
The scheme is able to fund defibrillators supplied by London Hearts, who can advise on all aspects of selecting, purchasing, installing and maintaining a defibrillator at your chosen community venue.
Your application will need to show that:
- You have permission from the owner of the building to install the defibrillator.
- You have considered, and have in place, any necessary planning permissions to install the defibrillator on or in your chosen building.
- The defibrillator will be publicly accessible.
- You commit to funding any ongoing maintenance or training costs associated with the defibrillator. The Council will not fund, or be responsible for, ongoing maintenance or training costs for defibrillators funded through the scheme.
Localities lacking a defibrillator will be prioritised – you may wish to refer to The National Defibrillator Database | (nddb.uk).
You will also need to consider:
- The type of defibrillator; internal, external, locked, unlocked, heated cabinets etc.
- Need for a power supply (e.g. if the cabinet is heated).
- Whether the location has sufficient lighting for users to be able to administer the defibrillator.
- The range of the defibrillator to areas of high footfall; defibrillators will only work within a certain radius.
- If your chosen defibrillator will cost more than £1,000, how you will raise the remainder.
London Hearts can advise on the above considerations, as well as the registration process for the National Defibrillator Database, if your application is successful.
How to apply
All applicants should check that they meet NCF’s general eligibility criteria.
In the first instance, applicants should contact Jo Lovell, Chief Operating Officer at London Hearts firstname.lastname@example.org / 02070 432 493 for advice on which defibrillator best suits your chosen location, and the cost of this.
Please ensure you reference the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk Defibrillator Scheme when getting in touch.
Having made contact with London Hearts, to apply for a grant, click ‘Apply online’ below and complete the online application form.
When to apply
This Fund is open on a rolling basis and will close when all funds have been allocated. Once applications are complete, our aim is to notify you of a decision within 4 weeks.
Requests to fund defibrillators from suppliers other than London Hearts cannot be considered.
Grants can only cover the initial costs to purchase and install the defibrillator. Training and maintenance costs cannot be considered.
Call for Applications
up to £1000
Who can apply?
Charity, Faith organisation, Parish/Town Council, and Voluntary/Community Group
King’s Lynn & West Norfolk