Funding has been made available from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government to enable a small grants fund to be created by the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk to help transform outdoor community spaces in the Borough, and encourage greater use by local people.
Grants of up to £750 are available to support community projects that meet the following outcomes:
- Increased involvement from people who face barriers to participation in community life
- Healthier and safer lifestyles
- Greater use of community outdoor spaces
The spaces where projects take place must be accessible to the public. Activities that can be considered may include:
- Promoting biodiversity, or creating wildlife habitats
- Provision, conservation or restoration of a natural habitat
- Inspiring young people through nature
- Community growing projects or nature trails
Priority will be given to smaller community groups and charities where a small grant will make a significant difference.
The fund cannot support:
- Clean ups/ litter picks
- One off events such as fetes and open gardens events
- Activities held on privately owned land or where access by the general public is restricted