Head of Programmes
Are you interested in helping to ensure that Norfolk charities have the funding and support they need to thrive?
Head of Programmes
£45,000-£50,000 dependent on experience
Full-time but would consider 4 days or equivalent
Flexible office/home based working
Do you have an interest in or understanding of the needs and demands within our county? Are you passionate about local communities and the work of charities and community groups? Would you like to be part of a team that is making a tangible difference to lives across Norfolk?
Norfolk Community Foundation is looking to appoint a Head of Programmes to lead the strategy and execution of Norfolk Community Foundation’s Programmes, manage critical funding relationships with external partnerships, identify how we measure the impact of our work to inspire future giving and work with the team to continue to spot the initiatives that offer game changing opportunities for our communities.
About the role
The Head of Programmes is a critical role within the Norfolk Community Foundation, responsible for our support to local Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations. Our VCSE offer includes grant funding programmes, pro bono business advice programme (ProHelp) and leadership and convening around strategic community initiatives. The role is part of a small Senior Management Team, directing the future development of the Programmes offer and directly managing the Programmes team’s activity.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working together with the other members of the Senior Management Team and the Foundation’s Trustees, develop the strategic plan for the Foundation and identify the subsequent route map for the Programmes function for the year and quarter ahead
- Lead, motivate, support and inspire the Programmes team to deliver grant funding programmes that achieve the objectives of the funder, whilst adhering to IVAR principles of best practice grant funding. In doing this you will create a positive and performance driven environment
- Working with the Senior Management Team and Funding Plus Advisor, identify opportunities to engage and inspire business support of the VCSE sector. This will include directing and developing the existing ProHelp Programme and Funding Plus offers
- Harness the collection of data from within the Foundation and through our partnerships to ensure we understand and respond to the needs of our communities
- Identify national funding opportunities and relationships for Norfolk investment and prepare bids to attract significant funds
We are looking for someone who is passionate about what we do and has an interest in or understanding of the needs and demands within our communities.
You will be able to demonstrate strategic thinking, balanced with your ability to deliver at an operational level, have an ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse stakeholder group, experience of leading and motivating a high performing team and an understanding of grant making principles and activity.
Effective communication skills are a key part of this role, as is being self-motivated with the ability to work alone and as part of a team. The successful candidate will have a commitment to continuous improvement and will show creativity and resourcefulness.
For full details about the role, please download the recruitment pack below.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to Karen Hutchinson at email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 3rd May 2022