Norfolk Future Fund members met this week to shortlist the community groups who will be presenting at the launch of the Fund on Thursday 3 July.
Founder members Bella Brodie of Parks PR, Ben Handford of Naked Marketing and Niall Pasco-McGregor of Barclays were joined by Anna Douglas and Jo Maddocks of the Foundation, Andy Newman, a Norfolk 100 member and development committee member of the Foundation and Tom Oxley of Ethicomm who has worked with the Foundation on this exciting new initiative.
The Norfolk Future Fund is all about making a greater impact through collective giving. To find out more, visit our Norfolk Future Fund page.
The launch event will give guests the opportunity to award a share of a £5,000 fund to a number of charities who will be interviewed by Carol Bundock on the night. The charities were shortlisted down to five at a panel meeting of founder Norfolk Future Fund members earlier this week, representing different areas of social need across the whole of Norfolk.
- Pregnancy Choices (providing counselling for people affected by miscarriage, termination or stillbirth)
- HART (Hope, Art and Recovering Together – providing craft based activities and social hub for those pursuing an active recovery from substance and alcohol misuse
- SYEP (Sprowston Youth Engagement Project – working with young people to address levels of anti-social behaviour, criminal damage, drug and alcohol abuse amongst teens)
- SWAN (Supporting Women Activities Network – supporting women suffering from mental health issues, to boost confidence and skills)
- The Bridge (A monthly drop-in centre in Gorleston for lonely and vulnerable local people including the elderly, unemployed and homeless)
If you are interested in finding out more about the initiative, you are welcome to join us at the event. To book your place contact firstname.lastname@example.org