Norwich 4 New Enterprise
Norwich 4 New Enterprise (N4NE) small grants programme for business
N4NE is a small grants scheme for local businesses wanting to grow and create new jobs.
The N4NE grants programme is delivered by Norfolk Community Foundation with the support of a number of local organisations who make up the decision making panel including Aviva, Mills & Reeve, Norfolk County Council and Norwich City Council.
Historically, Grant Thornton, Barratt & Cooke, Fox Murphy and the Charles Littlewood Hill Charitable Trust have contributed to the Fund.
About the Fund
Applications are invited for grants of up to £5,000 from organisations (businesses and social enterprises) who are finding that a lack of financial support is restricting their capability to grow their businesses or who have demonstrated successful trading to date and are seeking financial support to grow or diversify their operations.
Applicants will be required to complete a formal application and assessment process and must be able to demonstrate that the grant award will create job opportunities and will make a real contribution to the local economy.
Grants can be used to assist with developing new products or services, to procure professional services to support and develop the business, to undertake training and skills development or the acquisition of capital equipment.
To be eligible for grant funding, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Up to £5,000 available per grant
- The fund is open to existing businesses with at least 12 months trading accounts and employing up to 10 people
- Evidence of 50% match funding is to be provided
- The funding must be used to support business growth, that will either create a job or demonstrate that the business has growth potential within 12 months
- The grant can be used to develop new products or services; procure professional services; undertake training and skills development; acquisition of capital equipment, refurbishment of premises, equipment/machinery
- The business applying for the grant must be based in Norwich, Broadland or South Norfolk
- The business must have a sound business plan in place. We would expect to see a business plan and application explaining what specifically the grant of £5,000 will do.
- The funding they need for the project must not be available elsewhere and that they can demonstrate they have explored other options and that there is a need for the grant
- The job(s) created must be based within Greater Norwich and the application should cover how the posts are sustainable
- The grant must not be used to support business growth where there are one or more identifiable competitors (nearby) who could be adversely affected.
For more information on the programme click here to access the N4NE Grants Application Form.
If you are interested in applying for a grant or would like to discuss your expansion plans, please contact Claire Cullens,Director of Development (who can assist you with the grant application process or may be able to refer you to alternative business support programmes) on 01603 623958 or firstname.lastname@example.org